Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scraptacular August Kit!

Hi guys, the kit is up for sale (HERE) and I also made a Haul Video about the kit, if you want to see it "in person". I made 3 LO's and an altered notebook. For the notebook, I simply used mixed media to alter a $1 Mead Marble Composition Notebook. And in other news, the 2 Basic Grey LO's and the Altered Notebook were all accepted into the Basic Grey gallery this morning! Yay :) The Basic Grey line that was part of the kit is "out of Print" and I was so happy to get it - it's definitely one of my fav new releases. Love the text and the mixed media feel and the colors. Well, here they are...

Altered Notebook (I also made a YouTube Video about it):








The first LO is "Read". I used Tim Holtz mistable kraft pp as the base and lots of rub-ons. To make the butterfly, I punched it out with my Martha Stewart punch, and then used two pearl-head pins that I bent slightly and then bound together with Tim Holtz tissue tape.





Next up is "Twirl". The two little girls are from Cosmo Cricket "Odds & Ends", as are the words. The heart I used my Tim Holtz movers & shapers die to cut out of chipboard.




And last (but hopefully not least), is "Life Is Good". The kit also included several sheets of Ad Lib pp by Bo Bunny. Again, I used my Tim Holtz mini rosettes die to make some of the flowers. The bird cage and butterfly are Pink Paislee "Butterfly Garden" die cuts.




2 comments:

  1. Hi.. beautiful layouts.. so much to see on them.. and the note book looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ADORE your work! I am in the midst of altering a notebook too. Just a little something to jot my thoughts down. :o)Yours is fantastic!!! SO inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!