Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Nouveau Puzzle!

I have a really fun project to share with you, using the lovely Nouveau girl stamp set "Grow". I used the girl, the clouds, and the sentiment. I decided it would be fun to make a puzzle for Morgan. This is a "puzzle card" by Inakdinkado, but I saw wooden blank puzzles at ACMoore about this size as well.

To make the puzzle, I stamped the girl and the clouds first, and colored them in with Copic markers. I was careful to stamp in such a way that the most important part - the face and the hand with the apple - ended up on one puzzle piece, so there would be no lines going through them. I then created masks by stamping the girl and clouds on scrap paper and cutting them out. After covering the girl and clouds, I used a grass stamp to make the grass, which I then colored with Copics. After that, I covered with images with the masks again, and used a background stamp and sky blue ink to create the "sky" background. If you're making a puzzle for a younger kid, it might be better to create a less uniform background - a uniform background like this increases the difficulty level of the puzzle. After that, I stamped the sentiment and added rub-ons from my old stash.

Below is the puzzle assembled, and then disassembled. I am planning on putting it in an envelope labeled "Congrats Grad" to celebrate my daughter finishing 2nd grade. She kept asking me what "Grad" meant, since we've been seeing that word everywhere this time of year, and I know she will be thrilled to get a little gift for being a "grad" herself. I hope you guys liked my project - it was so fun to put together and these gorgeous stamps are perfect for small canvases such as this.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I bet your daughter can put that together in a minute..Really cute Ilene..KathyR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy - thans so much! It turned out to be harder than it looks, which is what I was hoping. It took her a little while since some of the pieces looked alike and she had no image on what the final puzzle was supposed to look like.

      Delete
  2. OMG I love this puzzle!!! I saw this on the SOG blog!!! Great work!!! I need to try one too!
    hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!