Thursday, July 5, 2012

Some Odd Girl

Sadly, my DT term with Some Odd Girl is coming to an end this month. I had such a great time working with Kristy and the rest of the team, and getting to play with the amazing Nouveau girls. As this is my last project, I wanted to make something for my “me” scrap album that would really help me remember my time with Some Odd Girl. I decided to make a layout incorporating all of the 8 available Nouveau girl stamp sets that I got to work with over the last 6 months.


I used a more muted collection – this is “Butterfly Garden” by Pink Paislee – to make sure that everything went well together and none of the elements overshadowed any of the others. This collection also had a lot of great subtle prints, such as pale text in the background, etc., which made it perfect for stamping the girls on it. I love the effect of stamping on patterned paper. It makes for a very artsy and collage-like effect. The words, sentiments, and cloud, I also got from the stamp sets. I added just a touch of color to the girls’ lips.




hope you guys liked my layout. I think stamping your images on the more muted B-sides of the paper collection you’re working with is a great way to get an embellishment that will match and enhance your layout. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! what a great idea for these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilene you are just so creative. This is a great idea to look back and see your Design Team. Kinda in the whole, all put into one.. And you go perfect right in the middle of the bunch.. Thanks for sharing. KathyR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spotted this wonderful lo at Two peas and popped over to have a look at your projects!

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, and thank you for showing us another way to use our stamps. I, not too long ago got some stamps of your "boyfriend" that I might use.

    Oh and I vote for seeing u on camera for your videos. It is just not the same...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to remember all the stamps and the fun you have had with them.. fabulous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Ilene! What a fabulous idea! I love how you have stamped onto DP too!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!