Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Is it winter yet?

Because I'm ready for some wintery pics and layouts! I won't lie, I do love snow and snowflakes, and all that good stuff. So I was in the mood to scrap a picture of the kids with their snowman a couple years ago. I used the gorgeous "The Four Seasons" stack from DCWV and a few other things from my stash. Some of them were pretty ancient, like that transparent snowman from Tattered Angels. I love mixing some older stuff with newer stuff - makes it look fresh again, and it's fun clearing up space for new supplies :)
 
Be sure to read to the end of the post - I made a card with the "Four Seasons" stack as well that I'm sharing today. And... stop by tomorrow because I made a mini album I really love, using the gorgeous DCWV "Mademoiselle" stack... I used a Punky Sprouts mini with all sorts of funky pages to scrap our trip to the Renaissance Faire this year. I'll schedule it to go live early tomorrow morning!
 
 
I used the winter paper and the valentine's day paper from the stack for this layout, as well as did some misting, added dots with a Pearl Pen, and even a tiny little light bulb embellie for the chipboard lantern. So fun!
 
 
 
And here is the card. (Ok, the cardfront... still have to glue it on a base LOL)
 
I added some more dots, and did hand stitching, and lots of inking again. Also lots of dimensional adhesive to make things pop a bit more. I just love how a lot of the DCWV papers are glittered or have other cool effects - these butterflies were, for example, so if you fussy cut them out, they're ready to go embellies!
 
 

1 comment:

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!