Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Art Journal Week: Day 4

Two more spreads from my art journal here today :) The first one is a mermaid, and I used paints, gelatos, stencil from Prima, PITT Big Brush markers, and molding paste to create the background and the mermaid. The fish and the sentiment are from the "Boardwalk" collection by BoBunny.

The main idea behind this page was wanting to do something bright and fun and work with the gelatos some more to create a colorful background. To give it more of a distressed, uneven look, I applied the gesso with a scraper to give it some grooves and bumps. You can really see that in the finished page.







































For this next layout, I wanted to try a vertical orientation, and I used a technique I found on Dina Wakely's art journaling book, where you create the background and then paint over it, leaving only circles unpainted to peek through. While at it, I also decided to try cutting out a magazine image and using it, and found this pretty ballerina. I painted over her skirt with acrylics to make it purple. I also used stamps, patterned papers, tissue paper, and the awesome stars Prima stencil with molding paste.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!