Sunday, September 6, 2015

Art Journal Week: Day 8

Last day of my art journal week! I can't believe I made 16 layouts in one month. Toward the end, I got motivated to finish it so I could move on to my new art journal that has really nice paper that can withstand various paints and mediums (unlike the paper in this one). It was a great starting place, and a really great way to use up some of my stash, so overall it was a really positive, fun experiment.

As I mentioned yesterday, for the last two spreads, I used Graphic 45 papers. This one with with "Halloween in Wonderland". I painted the pages black, and then used a Crafter's Workshop Harlequin stencil and sprayed it with white Dylusions spray. I then dabbed acrylic color on top to have it match the paper better and give it more dimension.








































And here is my very last layout. The quote reflects the sentiment that ending this journal is just the beginning. I really love how this last page came out - I love the (G45) poppy flowers, the spooky tree (Crafter's Workshop stencil), the night sky, and the beautiful stars. To create the stars, I used a Prima stencil with crackle paste.


















Thanks for joining me and taking a peek inside my art journal. If you're considering making one, I recommend you dive right in and give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love reading them!!